"I’ve always been passionate about ocean conservation and it’s why I became a marine scientist. Unfortunately for my skin, since I spent so much time in wetsuits, I kept getting folliculitis on my bum. Unable to find an eco-friendly solution, I started using oregano mixed with aloe and my rashes would practically vanish overnight.
After sharing the remedy with others, I found that it worked for a variety of skin issues. Thus, Bum + Body Cream became the start of the Miami Beach Bum collection: minimal but effective formulas that prioritize the sensitive ecosystems of our skin and of our oceans at the same time." -Founder, Ayssa DiPietro
So whether you experience bum acne like Ayssa or other body breakouts, irritations or flareups— here is how you can *almost* make our OG oregano solution at home.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of almond or jojoba oil
- 3 tablespoons aloe vera
- 3 tablespoons non-gmo corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 10 drops of oregano essential oil
- [optional] add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil to scent. We suggest mint, lemongrass, orange or eucalyptus.
How to Make It:
- Combine shea butter, aloe and oils in a pot.
- Put the pot of ingredients on the stovetop at a low heat until the mixture is liquified.
- Add the oregano essential oil and put the mixture into the fridge until it’s solidified. Tip: After about 2 hours it should be mostly firm, and you should be able to press your thumb into the middle of it, and it should hold the indent
- Combine corn starch or arrowroot with distilled water and add to the mixture
- [Optional] Whip with a hand mixer until the lotion is light and fluffy. It takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Put the lotion into containers.
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
It has all the benefits of our oregano powered body cream, made at home with love!